God uses our hands to accomplish His plans.
Anytime you use what God has given you to help somebody else in Jesus’ name, that is called ministry. When you use your talents, gifts and abilities – when you give of your money, time, intelligence – when you share your energy, physical skill and your opportunities with Calvary, you are involved in ministry with us.
Financial gifts, when pooled together allow us to support a variety of ministries and take care of many expenses. Financial donations are necessary for budgeting and planning purposes. We encourage you to pledge, tithe and commit to stewardship. Your commitment to Calvary in turn allows Calvary to follow through on our promises to the local community and cover our year round operating expenses. However, there are also many ways you can contribute through service. Perhaps you might choose to get involved and use your time, talent and abilities in one of the following ways:
- Serve as an usher or greeter or scripture reader
- Get involved in an area of service or ministry like Backpack Buddies, Calvary's Cupboard, Winter Relief or our UMW or UMM groups
- Join a Sunday school class
- Participate in a Bible study
- Join the choir
- Volunteer to teach Sunday school or help in our children’s or youth ministry
- Go on a mission trip
- Help in one of our local missions projects like the Lighthouse Shelter
- Volunteer to help with childcare
- Volunteer to help with administration or in the church office
- Volunteer to read Scripture at one of our Services (8:45; 10:00 or 11:15)
- Share your faith with someone you know that does not know Jesus
- Invite someone to come to church with you
What is God calling you to do? How is He calling you to use your hands?