God uses our hands to accomplish His plans.
Anytime you use what God has given you to help somebody else in Jesus’ name, that is called ministry. When you use your talents, gifts and abilities – when you give of your money, time, intelligence – when you share your energy, physical skill and your opportunities with Calvary, you are involved in ministry with us.
We give back to God through our thanks, praise, service and resources including our financial resources. Financial gifts to Calvary Church allow us to cover operating expenses, maintain our Church and School facilities, serve our community, our nation, and a wide variety of missions and outreach programs throughout the world.
We appreciate your gifts and generosity. Calvary is committed to fiscal responsibility and effective stewardship. There are many ways to give and we are grateful to your support and contributions to Calvary in any way you are able.
Financial gifts, when pooled together allow us to support a variety of ministries and take care of many expenses. Financial donations are necessary for budgeting and planning purposes. We encourage you to pledge, tithe and commit to stewardship. Your commitment to Calvary in turn allows Calvary to follow through on our promises to the local community. There are also many ways you can contribute through service.
Here are some of the many ways you can support the Ministries and Missions of Calvary United Methodist Church and the Global Work of United Methodists.
- Tithes & Offerings:
- Donate Via Credit Card:
- Donate Via Electronic Fund Transfer (auto debit from your bank account)
Additional Ways to Give & Receive:
- Gifts of Appreciated Property / Securities
- Planned Giving Your Will, Living Trusts, Life Insurance
- Gifts That Give Back - Annuities & Trusts: Charitable Gift Annuity, Deferred Gift Annuity, Charitable Remainder Trusts (Annuity & Unitrust)
- Pooled Income Fund
- Remainder Interest in a Personal Residence or Farm
Gifts of time, talent and abilities:
- Serve as an usher or greeter or scripture reader
- Get involved in an area of service or ministry like Backpack Buddies, Winter Relief or our UMW or UMM groups
- Join a Sunday school class
- Participate in a Bible study
- Join the choir
- Volunteer to teach Sunday school or help in our children’s or youth ministry
- Go on a mission trip
- Help in one of our local missions projects like the Lighthouse Shelter
- Volunteer to help with childcare
- Volunteer to help with administration or in the church office
- Share your faith with someone you know that does not know Jesus
- Invite someone to come to church with you
What is God calling you to do? How is He calling you to use your hands?
A word about UMC Apportioned Funds
Calvary joins with the United Methodist Church world-wide to connect and unify our missions to the nation and the world. When you contribute to Calvary, you are also contributing to the United Methodists Church Global Initiatives. Apportioned Funds enable United Methodists to do together what no church, district or annual conference could do alone. These funds support the following:
- World Service Fund - the heart of our denomination wide presence, underwriting global Christian mission and ministry.
- Ministerial Education Fund - helping thousands of men and women become United Methodist pastoral leaders.
- Africa University - the only United Methodist degree-granting university in Africa, has served and graduated hundreds of men and women from 20 countries.
- Black College Fund - supporting the programs and ministries of 11 historically Black colleges and universities.
- Interdenominational Cooperation Fund - worldwide ecumenical efforts
- Episcopal Fund - support for the diverse and important tasks of UMC’s bishops
- General Administration Fund - supports general church administrative activities.